LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER FOR THE MANAGEMENT CHALLENGE
The 2015 Management Challenge is almost upon us and this is your last chance to make 2015 the year of professional development, teamwork and fun. Competing against peers across Australia and New Zealand, the innovative Challenge program will allow you to get creative with the latest digital tools to express your ideas for an invigorated local government. Assemble four or five of your colleagues from across council, and sign up for the 2015 Australasian Management Challenge today.
REGISTRATIONS MUST CLOSE JANUARY 26.
DARWIN, 6 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU HEAD TO CONGRESS
1. Darwin was named the 10th best city to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2012.
2. It's closer to Bali (2.5 hrs) and Singapore (4.5) than it is to Melbourne.
3. May Day weekend begins as Congress comes to a close. It's a celebration in the NT, the Monday is a public holiday and a street parade will be held in Darwin.
4. The picturesque and challenging Alice Springs Gold Course is among one of the world's top ten desert golf courses.
5. Darwin was bombed more times than Pearl Harbour during WWII. The Defence of Darwin Experience is rated the number one attraction on Trip Advisor and won the Travellers Choice Award 2014.
6. The city has a population density of 0.1 per square kilometre, so be sure to tip your hat to everyone.
BE A PART OF LGMA NATIONAL TV
LGMA National is pleased to announce it will partner with international production company WebsEdge to deliver LGMA National TV at Congress 2015. Organisations will have the chance to contribute to the Thought Leadership features, which showcase new initiatives, case studies and best practice.
IS YOUR COUNCIL A MEMBER OF LGMA NATIONAL?
If you and your colleagues want to make the most of opportunities like the National Congress and the Management Challenge, then our new LGMA National Council Memberships could save you a bundle. The membership aligns your organisation with ours, and features access to national and international programs and events at heavily reduced prices. With three membership options to choose from, there is a fit that is right for every council, big or small.
REGISTER TO RECEIVE LG MANAGER
Did you know that each edition of our digital publication LG Manager is delivered to every council in Australia? Councils then distribute it to staff via email or their intranet. But you can bypass this, and receive it direct in your inbox four times a year, ABSOLUTELY FREE!
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
We are seeking 15 minute presentations for the 2015 Congress in Darwin on a range of topics. It's a great opportunity to showcase your work and ideas to the local government sector. Apply today!
LATEST LG MANAGER OUT NOW
Congress host city Darwin was an outstanding performer in the 2014 Management Challenge. Check out their pre-Challenge Task video.
Keep up-to-date with @LGMANational